Residential Roofing Options
Owning a residential property comes with a lot of maintenance decisions. Every residential roof has a life-expectancy and when your roof is no longer effective, you have several options for roofing. You could go with what you already know and stick with something like asphalt shingles. However, if you are wanting to update your home, you could consider a metal roof. Metal is becoming more popular in residential neighborhoods and for good reason. To discuss metal roofing in Tyler, TX, contact Beeler Roofing at 903-347-8484.
Types of Metal Roofing for Your Needs
With the innovation of metal for residential purposes, there have been several options to hit the market. These options provide homeowners the chance to choose the roofing structure they want as well as the metal type, color, and texture. Metal roofing does provide quite a bit of versatility and flexibility that other roofing options don’t.
- Standing Seam Metal Roof: Standing seam is going to provide the softest look while still leaning in the direction of modern. This structure utilizes snap locking metal panels and hidden fasteners which help the structure look cleaner and last longer.
- Metal Tiles: If you are interested in a roof that resembles a typical roof, but has all the benefits of metal, then tiles may be the way to go. They will resemble slate tiles, but be a fraction of the weight and cost.
- Stone Coated Steel Tiles: For tiles that look more like clay or concrete tiles, stone coated is the best option. The stone coated steel tiles are incredibly durable and long-lasting, combining the benefits of clay and metal.
- Corrugated Roofing: For a truly modern look to your residential roof, corrugated metal is the best way to go. This option is most commonly found on commercial roofing because of how durable it is. And because of how easy it is to install and maintain.
Metal roofing on residential properties can actually add value to your home. This structure provides unbeatable protection and reliability. In fact, many insurance providers view metal as a very good thing. Many homeowners could see a premium reduction or a discount applied when they submit proof of a metal roofing in Tyler, TX. And commercial properties could see a tax break if they can show a metal roof was installed to restore their overall roof structure.
Benefits of Residential Metal Roofing
For anyone considering a metal roof, we understand that it can be easy to get caught up in the disadvantages and what-ifs. But there are many great benefits to choosing metal over a traditional roofing material.
- Durability: Probably the number one reason a homeowner chooses metal roofing is because of the durability. Metal has proven to outlive asphalt shingles, slate tiles and more. It is highly adaptable and can handle constant exposure to the sun, smoke, rain, wind, and more.
- Longevity: As mentioned, metal is a long-lasting material. When correctly installed, this roofing structure can last several decades longer than most other roofing systems. Additionally, most metal manufacturers have 50-75 year warranties on their materials because they know these structures will last that long.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal reflects light and heat rather than absorbing it as asphalt shingles do. That means that your home will likely be cooler in the summer months. And if insulation is installed as well, as it should be, then your home will actually be warmer in the winter months. All together, that means your HVAC system will be able to operate more effectively, potentially bringing down your energy bills.
- Value: Metal is highly considered a quality material. When you install a residential metal roof, you can increase your property value as well as the property value of the surrounding homes. That’s because a metal roof is less likely to catch fire or cause damage to a home. More than that, a metal roof looks good.
Your home needs a reliable structure. From the top of your roof to the bottom of the foundation, you need to know that everything meant to protect you will do its job. That’s why you need to rely on Beeler Roofing for all your residential roofing needs. We can easily install, repair, and maintain your roofing structure, whatever it is. We can even maintain the gutters around your home to better protect your whole house structure.
Metal Roofing vs. Asphalt Shingles
So what is the difference between metal roofing and shingles? Quite a bit, actually! Metal roofing in Tyler, TX, or anywhere really, is a big investment. Choosing metal over asphalt shingles for a residential roof can seem like a great idea or a great mistake.
Asphalt shingles are the tried and true roofing option when it comes to residential properties. They are the standard for installation as well as for comparison. Most homeowners only know the advantages and disadvantages of asphalt roofing, which can make comparing it to metal difficult.
Metal roofing is a newer, more durable option for residential roofing. Comparatively, metal is more expensive initially and that is what can deter most homeowners. However, once everything is said and done, metal and asphalt shingle roofing can actually cost about the same amount. Metal roofing typically requires less maintenance overall which will save you money in the long run.
Schedule an Appointment With Beeler Roofing for More Information!
Ready to work with a reliable and reputable roofing company? Call Beeler Roofing, 903-347-8484, to set up a consultation for metal roofing in Tyler, TX.